Monday, May 6, 2013

Pap Pain (Couldn't think of a better name)

The other day I decided to count up all the expectant couples we know. There's officially over 30 couples we know who are expecting this year. Pretty sure we're closing in on 40. Keep in mind this was from April to Nov, never mind all the new mommas I know that have already given birth prior to April. I couldn't believe how many there were.

And seeing as so many of you are expecting right now, I thought I'd share a lovely thing I'd like to call Pap Pain. Yes, Pap Pain. Last night I had my first ever shooting pain "down there". It was quick, happened once when I was stretching to reach a glass our of our cabinets, but quickly passed. I of course hollered out in pain, and stopped my husband dead in his tracks. Any sign of pain has him reeling and questioning everything. But back to the pain.....

So this morning when I woke up, I started going about my day, assuming last nights pain was rare. Yeah right. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Pap Pain: Apparently a consistent feeling I shall look forward to until birth. This shooting pain, which really begins with a ton of pressure down there near your lady parts, consistently happens from now until labor. Now don't get me wrong, I've had a really easy pregnancy and have considered myself really blessed. Until now. This shit is painful.

To be honest, I had no idea what to compare it to, until I posted the question on a Momma's site I joined. And a lovely momma compared it to getting a PAP smear. Only instead of stir ups and getting swiped once a year, this happens oh every 20 mins or so. Mine seem to be increased when sitting up straight for too long. Our little lady starts to get rowdy, and puts pressure (mostly on my bladder), which then triggers the shooting pain. Another momma said it felt like having sex with a knife. Thankfully mine aren't that bad (yet).

So there you have it ladies. Shooting pain that feels like you're getting your annual Pap, during the last trimester is perfectly normal. Best of luck to you! Consider yourself warned. Because I had no clue that this existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment